5.10.2010

Companion Planting = no pesticides :)

I planted my vegetable and herb garden today :) So I'm a BIG fan of companion planting because I don't like using chemicals/pesticides on the vegetables I'm putting into my family's mouths. It is such an easy thing to do once you've done a little research. It is based on the premise that vegetable and herb plants can either help or hinder other vegetable and herb plants. Planting "helper " plants together encourages healthy growth, increases the vegetable yield and hinders pests. Fortunately for me, there are excellent cheat sheets out there with handy charts to help me arrange my vegetable and herbs for maximum growth. I've included my favorite from the National Sustainable Agriculture information service and is provided below :

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/complant.html#chart

Happy Gardening!

No comments: