5.23.2009

Setember Farm Dairy and Cheese Shop

I went to September Farm in Honey Brook, PA to sample and buy some of their homemade Cheddar and Monterrey jack cheeses. They are a family-0wned/run cheese shop and a nationally recognized Dairy of Distinction. Since I can make a meal out of some good cheese and a loaf of crusty bread, I was excited about my visit! I was met at the door by the owner, Roberta and two of her adorable children. Roberta explained the cheese-making process to me, the observation schedule (generally Tuesdays and Thursdays) and showed me around the shop where the samples were. In short: It was creamy and delicious and clearly made with love! So delicious that I couldn't narrow down the choices to any fewer than five. I bought their Monterey Strawberry, Sharp and Medium cheddars, Italian cheddar curds, and Monterey Honey Jack. I can't wait to share them with my guests and am excited with what I can pair each of them! To watch the Rotelle family at work, watch the video below:
http://www.septemberfarmcheese.com/content/cheese-making

Better yet, if you are coming for a visit, stop in at September Farm. Your tummy and taste buds will thank you :)

No comments: