5.13.2009

My favorite local farmers market...

I love Tuesdays! On Tuesdays I get to go to my favorite farmers market: Roots (pronounced Rutz for all the non-native Lancastrians like myself.) Roots is open every Tuesday (from 9 AM-9 PM) and the first Saturday of the month. It is located in Manheim and if you like to shop or just want to watch the Conestoga auction it is FANTASTIC! Being a foodie, I focus on the produce stands at the market, however, they literally have something for everyone.

Established in 1925 by A.W. Root as a poultry auction, Root's Country Market & Auction (its official name) evolved to include a produce auction and 200+ standholders including fresh meats, deli, bakeries, nursery and flowers, handmade crafts, antiques, collectibles and household items of all kinds. So if you are here on a Tuesday or the first Saturday of the month I highly recommend a visit to Roots!

No comments: